Sunday, July 4, 2010

Introduction

James 1:2-5

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I a not a writer, I never claimed to be one. So when the thought came to me last night while laying awake in bed, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it work. Like many great ideas I get while laying awake at night, most dissipate by the time the next day comes. I always teased my husband that I need a notebook right next to my bed that I could write my great ideas down and not forget them. Fortunately, this idea is one of the few that stuck. Maybe a sign of it being a decent idea.

Looking throughout my life I tried to identify those characters that helped mold who I am and what I found to be most valuable. Sadly, most of what I learned I cannot put a face to the teacher. I realize when I was young I was far more philosophical than most, at least to me. I knew I was "off" so I kept most ideas buried inside my head. I remember waiting on the school bus one day and thinking and debating what it meant to actually be an adolescent. Not the physical aspect of it but the actual mentality behind it. So here I am many years later, a psycho-therapist working at a mental health hospital with children and adolescents, trying to dispense wisdom to them as best as I can. On top of that I am trying to raise 3 children the best I can and prepare them for this world and the many trials they will face as they go through it. It scares me beyond words that I cannot be there and protect them from all the evil that is out there. So the best I can do is teach and equip them to make the best decisions for them. The best I can do at those times is pray, hope, and lead when I can.

To my children...

This blog is my written hope to each of you. I fear that I will not equally teach you and miss an important lesson for the one of you that needs it the most. Hopefully, this will prevent that as much as possible. As I keep record of these by blog, my hope it to also keep a hard copy record for each of you to have when you get older. Hopefully, it will be worth something to each of you. I pray God uses my words to lead and guide you throughout your lives. Your character is as important to me as your health and happiness. If I can help mold that, I will do everything in my power to be successful at it.

Each night I pray that God will grant you certain character traits that I feel God wants you to have. Some of these include, grace, wisdom, strength, courage, discernment, integrity, honesty, love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self control. As I continue on this journey I will identify more traits that you will need as well. Please bare with me in this, as I am by far not an expert. Hopefully, you will take what I give you and add it to all the other wisdom's you will gain in this life.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment